The OBC Cell in Damdama college was established in 2009 with the purpose of empowering the OBC students. However, due to the Covid-19 pandemic the cell was unable to do any activities during the year. In the year 2020-21, the college take special interest in facilitating financial support to students from other backward communities from government agencies and other sources. The cell is always engaged to solve the various problems of OBC students.
OBC cell has been created in the college to resolve issues related to the OBC students. Following are the important objectives of OBC Cell:
- To motivate the OBC students regarding various scholarship programs of state government.
- To aware the OBC students about various issues and help them to manage academic activities.
- To sort out problems related to OBC students.
- To broadcast state Govt.’s and UGC’s decisions about different Scholarship programs
- To communicate with the students and motivate them for better future planning.
- To deal with representations received from Other Backward Classes (OBC) candidates regarding their admission, scholarships and other similar matters in the college.
Chairman: Dr. Suranjan Sarma,Principal , Damdama College
Coordinator: Dr. Rumi Kalita Das.
Mrs. Pratibha Deka
Dr. Babita Kalita.