Anti Ragging Cell is one of the important part of the educational instutions’s mechanism. As per the guidelines of UGC under the Act of 1956 and modified as per UGC regulations on curbing the menance of ragging in higher educational institution in 2009, establishment of Anti Ragging Cell is compulsory.
The following are the body of Damdama College Anti-ragging Committee
Chairman: Dr. Surajan Sarma, Principal, Damdama College
Convenor: Mr. Amitabh Chakraborty,Assistant Professor, Department of History
Mr. Altaf Hussain, HoD, Department of Political Science
Mr. Biraj Das, HoD, Department of Education
Mrs.Pratibha Das, HoD, Department of English
Mr. Jatin Ch. Das , LDA
Mr. Kishore Das,Library Asssistant ( Contractual)
Miss. Pallabi Deka,Assistant Professor, Department of Assamese
Anti Ragging Cell will be the supervisory and advisory committee to create ragging free environment in college campus.
1. To keep a continuous watch and vigil over ragging so as to prevent its occurance and recurrence.
2. To generate an atmosphere of awareness regarding the adverse effect of ragging.
3. To resolve the grievance related to ragging incidents in the college campus.
Following activities will be regarded as ragging by the Cell.
1. Any activity leading to cause hardship, psychological harm or create fear.
2. Any act of indiscipline, teasing or rudeness that prevents regular academic activities.
3. Any act of physical abuse causing physical assault, harm or danger to health.
4. Any act of abuse by spoken words, or written words or social media.
5. Any unlawful assembly, kidnapping, molesting or committing unnatural offences.
1. Debarring from appearing in any sessional test.
2. Suspension from academic privileges, representations and Student Union’s Memberships.
3. Suspension from the College.
4. Cancellation of examination.
5. With-holding of Results.