Cell Against Sexual Harrassment
SEXUAL HARASSMENT CELL
As per the guidelines of the UGC and the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, an ‘Anti-Sexual Harassment Cell’ has been established by the College to provide a healthy atmosphere to students of the College. The Cell assures all the complaints of the students, teaching and non-teaching staff are treated with dignity and respect and the complaints should be maintained with confidentiality.
Anti Sexual harassment cell deals with issues related to sexual harassment. The Cell is formed to prevent sexual assaults and other related crimes on girl students, teaching and non-teaching staff. The following is sexual harassment and is covered by the Cell:
1. Eve teasing.
2. Unsavory remarks.
3. Jokes causing or likely to cause awkwardness or embarrassment.
4. Innuendos and taunts.
5. Gender based insults and sexist remarks.
6. Unwelcome sexual overtone in any manner such as over telephone and the like.
7. Touching or brushing against any part of body and the like.
8. Displaying pornographic or other offensive or other derogatory pictures, cartoons, pamphlets or sayings.
9. Forcible physical touch or molestation.
10. Physical confiment against one’s will and any other act likely to violate one’s privacy.
Prevention of Sexual Harassment to ensure safe environment for girl students in their studies.
1. To develop guidelines and norms for policies against sexual harassment.
2. To work out details for implementation for these policies.
3. To prepare a detailed plan of actions both short and long term.
4. To organize gender sensitization awareness program.
5. To deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment in a time bound manner aiming at ensuring support to the victimized.
SEXUAL HARASSMENT COMMITTEE
The following are the body of Damdama College Sexual Aharassment Committee
Chairman: Dr. Surajan Sarma, Principal, Damdama College
Convenor: Mrs.Manju Das,Assistant Professor, Department of Assamese
Dr. Rumi Kalita, Assistant Professor, Department of Assamese
Mr.Altaf Hussian, Assistant Professor,Department of Political Science
Miss Debajani Gogoi, Assistant Professor,Department of Political Science
Miss Pratibha Das, L.D.A
Miss Barasha Kalita, Student, NCC Group